Why Should You Want to Go?
- The water well you're helping us build will bring clean water to over 4,000 men, women, and children.
- Tickets start at a meager $30 which gets you more than you bargained for…
- Top-notch cocktails provided by Sourced Craft Cocktails - they'll be making a delicious variation on the old fashioned as well as serving our favorite spirit dressed down, on the rocks, with water, soda, etc…
- A variety of tasty beers courtesy of New Belgium
- Incredible grub from our good friends at Freedmen's BBQ
- A Whiskey-laden Christmas Tree
- A Cookie Decoration Station
- All of your favorite people will be there
- Did we mention we're going to bring sustainable access to water to thousands of people?!
Snowflakes, freezing wind, and a warming up in front of a crackling fire…well, none of these things usually happen in Austin this time of year, but you get the point. It’s time to drink whiskey, and help some people in need. It’s time to turn Whiskey into Water.
December 3rd (twenty days before Festivus for those of you keeping track) from 7:00-10:00 pm, Whiskey for Water is throwing its second event, the Holiday Mash at We Work, who is gracious enough to host us! Come with your thirst for helping others, a hearty appetite, and your open wallet, so we can get water to those who need it most.
Whiskey for Water is a 501(c)(3) corporation based in Austin, Texas benefiting Well Aware, an organization that provides sustainable solutions to water scarcity in Africa (e.g. they build water wells that last). Thanks to our generous host, members, and underwriters, Whiskey for Water is able to pass on all proceeds raised at events straight to charity.
This round’s whiskey sponsor is Austin’s own Sourced Craft Cocktails. They’ll warm your bellies with fantastic, complementary holiday libations that are sure to make you sing some carols. We’ll have great barbecue from our friends at Freedmen’s, and all funds raised at the event will go to building sustainable water projects in Kenya.
A suggested donation of just $30 gets you in the door, and more importantly, helps get dependable clean water to someone else. Come one, come all, and bring a date or two. Help us get one step closer to our goal of building Whiskey for Water Well #1!
The Whiskey for Water Board
Cameron, Hal, Douglas, John Robert, Paul, Philip, and Stewart